Invited Speaker, Huntsville Hospital Perinatal Conference, Huntington AL: Talk 1: Recognition and Response to Severe Maternal Hemorrhage; Talk 2: Lessons learned from California’s maternal mortality review on cardiovascular diseases in pregnancy and postpartum. October 4, 2019.
Invited Speaker, Prevention and Treatment of Traumatic Childbirth (PATTCh) Webinar, Respectful Maternity Care (RMC): Impact on Maternity Outcomes, Including Posttraumatic Stress Disorder After Childbirth. November 15, 2018
Invited speaker, Perinatal Support of WA and PATTCh, Trauma and Birth: Multidisciplinary Approaches to Preven- tion and Healing Conference. Addressing the needs of families who have experienced birth trauma, creating policies for improving maternal outcomes. March 29, 2019
Invited Speaker, Cal Poly Pomona, California Center for Ethics and Policy, Canary in the Coal Mine: Maternal mor- tality as an indicator of state and national priorities for women’s health, March 21, 2019
Invited Speaker, GOLDPerinatal Online Conference, Integrating normality and risk in U.S. maternity care, emphasis on “CARE”, October 22, 2018
Invited Speaker, WHAMGlobal Maternal Health Leaders Symposium: Identifying Evidence-Based Solutions for Re- ducing Maternal & Infant Mortality and Morbidity, Pittsburgh PA, October 8, 2018, National and Global Best Practices for Improving Quality of Maternity Care Utilizing a Patient-Centered Approach.
Invited Speaker, Congressional Briefing on Capitol Hill hosted by the Tatia Oden French Foundation. Protecting America’s Mothers: Lessons from France, the UK and the US on Reducing Maternal Mortality, Washington DC, April 19, 2018.
Invited Speaker, California Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (CA-AWHONN) Confer- ence, Garden Grove, California, February 23-24, 2015, Whither Childbirth Education? Contemporary Dilemmas.
Poster or Paper Presentations
2018 American Public Health Association meeting, Nov 10-14, 2018, San Diego CA.
- Krakowiak P, Sun D, Lawton E, McCain C, Main E, Morton CH, Foda A, Reynen DJ. “Overview of the California Pregnancy-Associated Mortality Review (CA- PAMR) Project: Benefits of an enhanced surveillance of maternal deaths.”
2018 American Sociological Association Annual Meeting, Aug 11-15, 2018, Philadelphia.
- “The Value of Social Science to Reducing Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Maternal and Neonatal Quality of Care,” with Krista Sigurdson
- “Incorporating Sociological Perspectives in Healthcare Quality Research and Improvement Initiatives: Opportunities and Challenges.”
2018 Normal Labor and Birth Conference, June 25-27, 2018, Ann Arbor MI
- Panel presentation: “Whither Childbirth Education? Research strategies to investigate the impact of childbirth education.”
- Closing plenary: “Managing the space between critical safety check lists and individualized care to support healthy physiological childbirth.”
2018 Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) 2018 Meeting, May 5-8, 2018, Toronto, Canada.
- Poster, “Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Care: A Systematic Review,” Sigurdson K, Morton CH, Mitchell B, and Jochen Profit
2017 Stanford School of Medicine Eighth Annual Pediatrics Research Retreat, April 7, 2017
- Poster, “Disparities in NICU Care: Parents and Providers Tell Their Stories,” Sigurdson K, Morton CH, Mitchell B, Lou S, and Jochen Profit
- Poster, “Never Judge a Book by its Cover: How NICU Evaluators Reach Conclusions about Quality of Care,” Wahid N, Dhurjati R, Morton CH, Sigurdson K, Kaplan H, Gould JB, and Jochen Profit.